Fire Risk Assessments with Northants Fire
Without a fire risk assessment, how can we identify the specific risks and therefore determine the necessary action to take? Quite simply, we can’t. That is why the government has put fire risk assessments in Northamptonshire and in the very heart of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order.
Our team of fire risk assessors are fully competent to take on the “responsible persons” legal commitments.
Fire risk assessment must cover the following points:
Identify fire hazards
- Sources of ignition
- Sources of fuel
- Sources of oxygen
Identify people at risk
- People in and around the premises
- People who are especially at risk
Evaluate, remove or reduce, and protect from risk
- Evaluate the risk of a fire starting
- Evaluate the risk to people from a fire
- Remove or reduce fire hazards
- Remove or reduce the risks to people from a fire
- Protect people by providing fire precautions
Record, plan, inform, instruct and train
- Record any major findings and action taken
- Discuss and work with other responsible persons
- Prepare an emergency plan
- Inform and instruct relevant people
- Provide training
- Review fire risk assessment regularly
- Make changes where necessary
What are the risks to your business?
Under current legislation, business owners, need to regularly review a fire risk assessment of the premises. During the review, you should identify what you need to do in order to prevent a fire and keep your staff safe.
If you do not adhere to the law and the correct fire safety precautions are not followed, you could be prosecuted. This may result in severe fines or in some extreme cases a prison sentence.
- Fire equipment needed to detect and fight the fire
- Fire alarms needed to alert the occupants and the emergency services
- Emergency lighting requirements
- Signage requirements
- Staff training needs
If you’re a business in Northampton and you want to remove the stress of conducting a fire risk assessment yourself, give us a call on 01604 760 600 to find out how we can help.