Since 1st October 2006, The Regulatory Reform Order 2005 requires the Responsible Person of any and all non-domestic premises to carry out a fire risk assessment. This is essential as if done properly it will effectively assess the likelihood of a fire occurring and highlight all the possible consequences.
The Order simplified and consolidated fire safety legislation so now it provides a risk-based approach to fire safety for all business’, self-employed and also the voluntary sector.
This includes making sure there are measures in place, that will either eliminate or reduce the risk of fire, and all persons that may be at risk.
Technically as your buildings ‘Responsible Person’ you are able to perform a fire risk assessment yourself but it always advised to get some professional help to ensure everything is properly evaluated.
Here at Northants Fire we can carry out your Fire Risk Assessment in Milton Keynes and ensure that your premises are safe for your employees and everyone involved. The main points that need to be addressed are as follows:
- Identify all the fire hazards.
- Identify anyone that may be at risk.
- Evaluate, remove or reduce the risks found.
- Ensure that all findings are recorded and prepare an emergency plan with adequate training provided.
- A review of your risk assessment on a regular basis.
- Ensure that the work place has sufficient fire safety equipment on hand for emergencies. This includes making sure there are an adequate amount of fire alarms fixed in place & the appropriate fire extinguishers
We provide our services at a very competitive price so if you are based in Milton Keynes or the surrounding Buckinghamshire or Northamptonshire area then contact us and we can surely provide you with a professional, effective and even educational service.